SUA CONEXÃO

domingo, 5 de julho de 2009

Stars pay tribute

Stars pay tribute

Showbiz world mourns Michael Jackson

Slideshow

THE stars of the showbiz world were today paying tribute to pop legend Michael Jackson, after he died from a massive heart attack last night.

His first wife Lisa Marie Presley said: "I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

Pop star Madonna said: ""I can't stop crying over the sad news. The world has lost one of its greats but his music will live on forever."

Singer Justin Timberlake - who has been compared to a young Jackson - said: "We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music."

Film director Martin Scorsese said: "Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on Bad, I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other.

It will be a while before I can get used to the idea that he's no longer with us."

Devastated

Fellow director Steven Spielberg said: "Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson."

Pop star Missy Elliott posted a link on Twitter to a YouTube video called Michael Jackson Best Dance Moves, adding the message: "a little something to remember the KING by."

Close friend of the star Uri Geller said: "I'm shocked and devastated. I am hoping this is a dream I will wake up from, but it is not. Michael is dead.

"For him not to be around, that he's gone, is just surreal. It cannot sink into my psyche. He was a genius."

Actress Demi Moore paid tribute on Twitter, writing: "I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!"

Shocked

Glamour girl Katie Price, aka Jordan, said on the Twitter website: "ooooh my god sooo shocked rest in peace mj you were the KING OF POP a total legend xxxxxxxxxxx."

Singer Celine Dion said: "I am shocked. I am overwhelmed by this tragedy. Michael Jackson has been an idol for me all my life.

"It feels like when Kennedy died, when Elvis died. My sympathy goes to the family. It's a big loss and it's not even sinking in right now."

Fellow singer Cher said: "I'm having a million different reactions I didn't expect I would feel.

"He was a great singer - God gives you certain gifts and this child was just an extraordinary child touched by this ability. He could sing like nobody else and he was able to connect with people."

For full coverage of Michael Jackson's life buy the News of the World on Sunday.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário